The City of Mountain View, County of Santa Clara, Community Services Agency, and local faith communities have partnered with Lots of Love to provide respite and resources for local unsheltered families or persons, living in vehicles, with the goal of transition to more stable housing.
Contact information for questions and concerns:
For any Emergency – contact the police: 9-1-1 or 1-408-277-8911
24-hour Lots of Love telephone hotline: (650) 861-0181 (to report non-urgent, non-threatening situations)
Reach the Lot Monitor at (650) 935-1141
For referrals – contact the Community Services Agency: 650-968-0836 or www.csacares.org
- No drugs, marijuana, or alcohol may be contained in the vehicle or consumed on the CHURCH property.
- No violence or threats of violence are permitted.
- No firearms or weapons of any kind are permitted.
- No cooking or food preparation may be performed outside of Client’s vehicle.
- No music may be played that can be heard on surrounding sidewalks and properties.
- Parking is limited to the program hours and days as determined by each site.
- The Client must possess a current driver’s license, vehicle registration and insurance for the vehicle that will be parked in the Designated Space. Only authorized vehicles are permitted on the lots. LOL will keep a copy of all three documents in its records.
- Vehicle may only be occupied by designated clients and approved registered household members. Guests are not allowed in vehicles or on property.
- Clients may not sleep outside vehicles.
- Vehicles must park at least ½ mile away from the lot during non-operating hours.
- A parent or guardian must supervise children at all times.
- Failure to follow all rules will result in termination from the program and expulsion from church property.
- Users and household members waive any relocation benefits and rights to tenancy.
Individuals/households are eligible to participate in this program if they meet the following criteria:
- Client must possess a working vehicle
- Client must have valid driver’s license and registration.
- Client must have proof of current vehicle liability insurance.
- Client agrees to follow LOL and site specific rules.
Referrals are only accepted through the Community Services Agency. Clients are issued 1 month renewable parking permits through the Community Services Agency and connected to social services as part of the permitting process.